Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Friday, May 3, 2013

miss


So here we are.

Here are some things that I miss:

record stores
the smell of mimeographed paper
handwritten letters
going to Dairy Queen after the chorus concert
trick-or-treating
the old porch swing
the thrill of finding a five-dollar bill in a birthday card
my grandmother’s cooking
not seeing any gray hairs when I look in the mirror


Here are some things that I don’t miss:
the school bus
the limited selection of Beta movies at the video store
garage sale Barbies
acne
the existence of Zima
standard-definition TV
gym class
freezer-burned fish sticks
the isolation of suburbia without a car


Here are some things that I will someday miss:
delicious victuals
naps
music
good, hard laughter
dresses that fit perfectly
walking in the city
my 11-inch MacBook Air
intoxicating fragrances
holding hands


Here are some things that I will not miss at all:
misogyny 
racism
cruelty
idiocy
intolerance
general crappiness
reality television
cellulite 
chest colds

But mostly, I miss the time before I started thinking about the things I miss and don’t miss... ironically, back when people called me “miss.”

Yes indeed. Welcome to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment