Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Monday, September 3, 2012

2nd blog-iversary


So here we are.

Two years ago today, I decided to throw caution to the wind and throw my words out there along with it, into the ether that is the Internet. 

Words blew all over the place. It was a huge mess. Just the other day I spotted a “thusly” outside my building. You can’t simply throw things into the wind and not expect consequences. 


But we made it through our first year, and now we’ve finished our sophomore season, and I don’t think we had much of a slump. In fact, thanks to November’s Horribly Local Blogging Month (or HoLoBloMo) in which I wrote 30 posts in 30 days, we produced 94 little pieces of entertainment/musing/catharsis for your reading pleasure/confusion/time-killing in the past twelve months... 24 more than in our first season.

Now we move on to Season Three. 

Inasmuch as I like to compare this song-and-dance of mine to a sitcom (in that they both start anew every September), I don’t have one of those fancy sizzle reels that show highlights of what’s coming up on web...blah...log. Unlike those network Fall Preview Specials of old, I have no idea what exciting adventures and wacky situations we’ll be bringing you this year. I can tell you that I probably will not repeat HoLoBloMo this coming November. However, I am toying with the idea of Horribly Local Poor Poetry Month... mostly because typing and saying HoLoPoPoMo is just too fun to resist.

Once again, I thank those of you who have joined me on this little adventure, whether you are a casual reader or a loyal follower, whether you are new to the site or well-versed in the nuttiness, whether you have spread the word or kept it all to yourself. It is you, my devoted dozens, who keep me from shrugging my shoulders and saying, you know, I really should spend more time exercising, honing my craft and learning new skills, so screw this writing crap. That’s right, kids. It’s all your fault.

I also thank the sweet ones who have sent along kind words every now and then, either in a public comment or in a private email. I can’t cure cancer, I can’t solve global crises, but if I can bring you a scrap of enjoyment every 4-7 days, then I feel better about pretending to be other people/animals/inanimate objects for a living.

So now, since we don’t have the funds for a balloon drop or a dove release or confetti cannons, we simply proclaim: Forward! (Exclamation point!)

Yes indeed. Welcome to me.

5 comments:

  1. I've said it before and say it again: This is by far my favorite blog that's not a blog.

    Congratulations on season 2 wrap, let the greatness of season 3 begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrisis---

      Many, many thanks!! I don't know how much "greatness" will be in season 3, but I'm pretty sure there will at least be some "better-than-a-sharp-stick-in-the-eye-ness."

      ---Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephanie! Congratulations on another year of your web…blah…log. I might not always have a witty comment for your posts, but I definitely read them all and always enjoy your observations and sense of humor. Thanks for providing this behind-the-scenes look at the real life of a working actress/puppeteer. Best of luck in all you do, and keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete