Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

shut up


So here we are.

Seeing as yesterday was the Ides of March, I bewared it. I faced the danger. The real me is finally on Twitter.

Oh, shut up.

(That was my first tweet, by the way.)


After more than a year of an alter-ego account that never tweeted and only existed to follow food trucks and funny people, the time has finally come for me to cast aside all pretense of humanity and finally embrace my true calling as a vapid, self-centered shill. 

This little self-promotional bird is flying. It’s a public service, really. For the greater good.

For wherever actors and singers gather on a Monday night to raise money for some worthy cause by singing song after song after song, I will make sure you will be there. 

Wherever there is a cabaret space that deems me worthy of its microphones, I will make sure you will be there. 

Wherever there are covers to be charged and food/drink minimums to be met, I will make sure you will be there. 

Wherever binders and music stands collide to present a reading of a trembling newborn musical or a virgin play, I will make sure you will be there.

Wherever there is a nifty YouTube clip of a performance of mine that I am not mortified by, I will make sure you will be there.

Wherever there is a little stage presenting a little show with little me, I will make sure you will be there.

Wherever there is a Playbill or a Fake Playbill or a program that isn’t a Playbill at all with my name in it, I will make sure you will be there. 

And wherever there is a professional accomplishment that the cutthroat Business of Show demands that I exploit to its fullest, I will make sure you will be there... or rather, aware.

For any of you who might be concerned about experiencing a sudden decrease in characters from me, rest assured that this web...blah...log isn’t going anywhere. In fact, that will be one of the things I will shamelessly promote on Twitter. 

And in the grand tradition of me, I intend to make certain Twitter Pledges of Quality. You can read them at twitter.com/DAbruzzoTweets. Maybe even follow me while you’re there! 

See what I did there? Cross-promotion, sister! Yeah, I did!

Oh, shut up.

Yes indeed. Welcome to (dirty, slimy, disgusting) me.

No comments:

Post a Comment