Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

end of days


So here we are.

I figured I’d better get a post in before the world is supposed to end on the 21st. I personally don’t buy into doomsday predictions, but one never knows. (The Pope is on Twitter, after all...)


I do admit that I bought some extra batteries way back when there was the whole Y2K scare, thanks to all the media hype... not that surplus D-cells would have helped us much if all the jets had actually fallen from the sky and all the computers had actually exploded and all our bank accounts had actually been rendered nil. But even though I didn’t need the batteries on New Year’s Day, they did wind up coming in handy during the huge blackout of 2003. So again, you never know. (This analogy only works if you believe that blog posts and batteries are interchangeable in an emergency.)

I don’t know... I suppose that if this doomsday business actually occurs, I’ll miss the world when it’s gone, but then, I don’t know if I’ll be in any sort of condition to be able to miss it, or to be aware of anything at all. I’ll be just as gone, feasibly. 

That’s kind of a comforting thought: I’ll be just as gone

In any case, whether the world ends or doesn’t, there will certainly be some sort of adventures ahead, on this or some other plane of existence, and whatever they may be, they are, for the time being, utterly unknown. But then, isn’t that what every day already is? Unknown adventures -- good or bad or otherwise -- waiting to take place? So really, won’t the last day on Earth feasibly be just like any other day, only with slightly more destruction? 

I have a relative who is actually hoping for the Rapture, believe it or not, because it means that the giant hole that he’s dug for himself over the years, the one that is filled with all his problems and despair, will just go poof. Never mind the rest of the world. He won’t have to worry about his crap anymore.

But nothing ever just goes poof, does it? The world is too complex to end with a simple poof. Plus, no one’s made out the World’s-End Best-Of Everything in the Entire Existence of Earth List yet. And we all know that no period of time ever ends without a Best-Of list.

I know I’ll see you on the other side of the 21st, one way or another. Until then, what a great excuse to eat candy! (Eh, the world might end... pass the M&Ms!)

Yes indeed. Welcome to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment