Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Friday, November 30, 2012

holopopomo day 30: what holopopomo has taught us


So here we are.

Today marks the end of Horribly Local Poor Poetry Month (HoLoPoPoMo), and the experience can best be summed up with this haiku:

holopopomo
not a success, nor failure
it just existed

But that can’t possibly be our last HoLoPoPoMo entry. No, here ‘tis:

what holopopomo has taught us

We always knew that “orange” is hard to rhyme
That’s nothing new -- we hear it all the time
Another tricky word to rhyme is “sugar”
But even then, the crude can still use “booger”
So -- fine -- avoiding certain words and themes
It got so I was rhyming in my dreams
Until one day I longed to write of films
And that’s the moment when I realized -- -- -- crap.

The end.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this November adventure. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Yes indeed. Welcome to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment