Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Friday, November 2, 2012

holopopomo day 2: acquisition


So here we are.

Today’s Horribly Local Poor Poetry Month (HoLoPoPoMo) entry reflects on some recent news:

acquisition

Mickey and Donald and all of the gang
Went on a little spree
They bought some candy, they bought some pie
And cola, caffeine-free
But at the checkout line they saw
-- Twixt sour- and rubber balls --
An impulse buy, a tasty treat
And not marked down at all
“Oh, can we get it, please please please?”
Asked Pooh -- or was it Buzz --
“It’s cool and fun and popular
Like Unca Walter was”
Then Mickey nodded instantly
With no creative thought
The credit cards were verified
And Lucasfilm was bought

The end.

Yes indeed. Welcome to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    let me say I thouroughly enjoyed last year's HoLoBloMo so I was excited seeing you doing HoLoPoPoMo this year.
    So I had high hopes, and today's entry definitely confirmed my hopes. I laughed a lot :)

    ReplyDelete