Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

holopopomo day 22: thanksgiving grace


So here we are. 

Today’s Horribly Local Poor Poetry Month (HoLoPoPoMo) entry celebrates the spirit of this day:

thanksgiving grace

We give thanks for everything
Birds we eat and birds that sing
But today, however, I
Am most grateful for the pie

I should prob’ly qualify
The remark about the pie
If it’s fresh and a la mode
Then I stand by my thankful ode

And as long as I’m correcting
Things to which I’m genuflecting
I appreciate a lot...
But everything I’ve got?
Like those who wreck and rot?
...well, maybe not

The end. 

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Yes indeed. Welcome to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment