Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

holopopomo day 24: the lobster


So here we are.

Today’s Horribly Local Poor Poetry Month (HoLoPoPoMo) entry:

the lobster

to the lobster in the tank
who is trying to get free

you are just beyond my glance
but i crane my neck to see

i am watching you climb up
on the backs of all your friends

and i don’t know what you think
how you hope this effort ends

all at once i feel a chill
and i don’t know what to do

am i also in a trap
is my battle futile too

then again, i realize that
unlike fish awaiting fate

i at least can sit and eat
this spaghetti on my plate

The end.

By the way, this one is a true story... right down to the spaghetti.

Yes indeed. Welcome to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment