Right now, the "web…blah…log" is not being updated regularly, but feel free to peruse the archive, and check out our carefully selected highlights from Season One, Season Two, and Season Three.

Friday, November 11, 2011

holoblomo day 11: alt verse


note: “holoblomo” stands for Horribly Local Blogging Month, my response to National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) that happens every November. The NaNoWriMo challenge asks writers to compose 50,000 words in a month; I chose 10,000 as my goal. Enjoy.


So here we are.
It’s sad to think that we’ll never know what our parallel universes might have had in store for us. 
Maybe, in a parallel universe, the song would have gone like this:

So hi, hi Mrs. British pastry
Steered my Ford to the fjord but the fjord was flooded
And bad young guys were swilling scotch and rum
Crooning, “this’ll be the night that I live...”
“This’ll be the night that I live.”
See, in that particular parallel universe, songs don’t rhyme. They’re still deep, though.
Also, in a parallel universe, we might not be so bored or easily distracted that we are completely mesmerized and enchanted by days where the date is written 11/11/11. (It’s not like it’s raining candy from the sky today or anything. More likely, we’ll all just look back on this day and say, “wasn’t that fun when we wrote the date 11/11/11? Gosh, that was even more fun than 10/10/10 and 01/01/01. Yeah. Those were the days.”)
Of course, sometimes I look around and wonder if this current reality isn’t the parallel universe... some alternate 2011 where someone somehow got their hands on a sports almanac from the future. 
I hope Doc and Marty can fix it. 
And that’s 4398 words.
Yes indeed. Welcome to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment